Join the best in the industry
At Morgan Contractors, you’re surrounded with opportunity from day one. Working here means becoming part of a collaborative, results-oriented team committed to building a people-focused future and enhancing the communities that surround us. Our culture is built on mutual respect, teamwork, and passion.
As leaders in our industry, our team members share a commitment to excellence and working together to deliver only the best in traffic safety and road maintenance services.
Pavement Marking Technician
Position: Parking Lot & Pavement Marking Technician, Full Time
Location: 929 Locust Hill Circle, Belton, MO
Compensation: $22.00-25.00/hour, plus a $1,000 sign-on bonus
Morgan Contractors provides safe places for people to work, travel and live. Morgan Contractors is a leading provider of traffic safety services and equipment for the road repair, construction and maintenance industry in the State of Missouri. Morgan Contractors’ core services include traffic control planning and services, pavement marking, permanent sign and related merchandise and equipment rental and sales. Customers include highway construction companies, Departments of Transportation, municipalities and utilities.
Morgan Contractors believes in creating an environment in which education and craftsmenship training are our highest priority. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our leaders to help build and maintain a foundation that will create master tradesmen to lead our industry for generations.
This is a pavement marking specialist related position and will be subject to the MODOT and KDOT technical specifications. The primary duty of the markings specialist is to provide services to customer locations and help train new upcoming talent.
Courage: Does what is right for internal and external partners, even when it’s uncomfortable to do so.
Safety: Dedicated to the health and safety of employees, customers and the community.
Relationships: Committed to a team-first approach, being honest, proven ability to check your ego and embrace humility. Thrives in a culture of respect and dignity.
Growth: Dedicated to developing themselves, their teammates and our partners in the industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to drive a 1-2-ton truck.
- Ability to layout and stripe parkings lots using blue prints
- Ability to problem solve on site and understand proper chain of commands
- Hauling material to and from jobsite.
- Loading and unloading equipment from truck.
- Removal of existing striping with the use of hand grinders.
- Layout, cut, and install tape to define crosswalks, lane lines, etc.
- Use of various types of equipment such as propane torch, walk behind hand liners, ride on grooving machine and large striping trucks.
- Installation of various types of road markings using various types of equipment and machines.
- Assist with setting up and taking down standard traffic control work zones.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Company and particularly the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Efficiently communicate with all levels of people – employees, customers, accident information, maintenance service schedules, etc.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that promotes a professional and respectful atmosphere, and ensure that the service encounter with the customer is an exceptional experience.
- Keep company vehicles clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems
- Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice. Able to work mid and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Work hours can be dependent on weather.
- Learn/Responsible for safe lifting, loading, unloading of equipment to and from trucks.
- Arrive to work site on time wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), e.g., hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, masks and earplugs as required, and when applicable, a respirator.
- Lift, carry and stack materials and traffic signs.
- Clean, sweep and organize yard, shops and inventory supplies and equipment.
- Wash and clean equipment and traffic control devices.
- Maintain accurate and timely Pre-Trip and Post Trip Inspection paperwork.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read maps and knowledge of local streets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with team members inside and out of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- A passion for working in a high growth business as the pace and expectations of the culture.
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
- A strong knowledge of the traffic control/construction industry is a major plus.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR **Must maintain a valid driver’s license during entire employment**.
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens.
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check
- Hold/obtain DOT medical card.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
Work is performed outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions / varying temperature, e.g., exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, dry and / or windy conditions.
- General Lift/Carry Expectations: Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. regularly as there is constant lifting/carrying of material used to complete job.
- Standing: Position may require standing for periods greater than two hours at a time, for a total of greater than eight hours.
- Walking: Constant walking throughout shift to complete worksite project.
- Sitting: Occasional sitting for brief periods in vehicles when moving from one location to another.
- Reaching: Constant reaching to load and unload material and equipment. Included constant overhead reaching.
- Stooping/Bending/Kneeling: Constant stooping/bending/kneeling when putting down and picking up material and equipment.
- Twisting: Frequent twisting of body from side to side.
- Grasping: Constant grasping handles, brooms, shovels, roller knaps.
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequent pushing and pulling of various work equipment.
Work Settings & Description of Environmental Hazards Encountered
Highways, city and county roads. Working around moving vehicles, roadways, and construction site heavy equipment.
Compensation & Benefits
Base Pay: $22.00-25.00/hour, plus a $1,000 sign-on bonus
Company Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes competitive salary, matching 401(k), excellent health, dental, and vision benefits, Flex Spending and Dependent Care, Supplemental Accident Insurance, Employer Paid Short Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and much more.
Morgan Contractors Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all future and current employees.
Applicants and current employees will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
The road to success starts here
View open positions and join our dynamic team today.